Come and Join the
Field Epidemiology Training Program-Frontline
FETP Frontline is an innovative three months long training program which has been designed for Government physicians and veterinarians to increase the capacity and knowledge of the participants regarding surveillance and responding to disease outbreaks and other public health threats.The Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control & Research (IEDCR) of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is conducting the training program in Bangladesh in collaboration with the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S. CDC).
To expand workforce capabilities at the local level US CDC launched FETP-Frontline in 2015. At present CDC launched FETP-Frontline in 24 countries and worldwide more than 1,200 trainees graduated from FETP-Frontline programs by the end of 2016.
In Bangladesh, FETP-Frontline training program has been started in March 2016 and so far, 62 trainees graduated in 3 batches.
- To build resident basic epidemiologic capacity resulting in strengthening public health surveillance and in promoting the use of data for decision-making
- To strengthen the understanding and collaboration between animal and human health in disease surveillance and control
- Strengthen the use of data by Upazilla Public Health (PH) doctors and veterinarians for monitoring the health of the community and for providing information for decision-making
- Improve local basic surveillance data collection, analysis, interpretation and communication
- Improve the quality and use of surveillance data for local disease and outbreak detection
- Improve local response, by facilitating initial case investigation and/or outbreak investigation
Total duration 12 weeks
classroom Sessions with supervised Practical exercises: 5 weeks (42%)
Field work at own working place: 7 weeks (58%)
Its target audience are the Medical officers /Assistant Surgeons under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Veterinary Surgeons under Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock working at Upazilla and community level.
Requirements of Candidates
- Government physicians and veterinarians only currently working at Upazilla level
- Should be less than 45 years old
- Have government service record as physician or veterinarian for at least 6 months
- English proficiency – reading, writing, speaking, and understanding
- Computer proficiency (Preferably-Microsoft Word)
- Physically able to conduct fieldwork
- Willingness to work extended hours and during weekends, if needed
How to apply
1) Application to be submitted by April 20, 2017addressing The Director, IEDCR
Application must include:
a. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
I. Include all points listed under “Requirements of candidate”
II. Include your mailing address,contact number,email address, educational background, current employment status, language proficiency certificate (If any), and professional experience (If any).
III. One copy of recent passport size photo.
b. Attested copies of academic certificates of MBBS / DVM
c. For medical doctors- Updated PDS/HRM counter signed by authority
| Submit to: Office of the Director, IEDCR, Mohakhali, Dhaka 1212.
Mention: FETP- Frontline Application On Envelop